The first goal scored against Aldergrove was on Saturday, October 4, 2008, in Squamish. It was the first goal of the year for Hunter Nelson who would go on to play 86 games with the Squamish Wolf Pack locking up 55 points. It’s the first game at Harry Jerome in 2023 as the Wolf Pack host the Kodiaks. Tonight, North Vancouver (16-17-2-1) hosts Aldergrove (9-23-1-1) at 6:45 PM.
GM: Rick Harkins
HC: Darin Vetterl
Road Record: 5-12-0-1
Record: 9-23-1-1 (34 games)
Last Game: A tight 2-1 loss to Chilliwack on New Year’s day.
Goal: Garland (7)
Goaltending: Sharma 30/32
Special teams: 0/4 PP, 4/5 PK
Goals For/Goals Against: 79 GF/159 GA (-80)
Power Play: 16/116 (13.79%)
Penalty Kill: 31/131 (76.34%)
Leading Scorers: Jameson Flint (30GP – 11G – 8A – 19PTS), Taylor Chiu (28GP – 11G – 7A – 18PTS), Cole Svendson (28GP–5G–11A– 16PTS)
NORTH VANCOUVER WOLF PACK
General Manager: Dean Samson
Head Coach: Mike Borrelli
Home Record: 8-8-1-0
Last Game: A 9-1 loss in Delta on Tuesday.
Goal: Pickell (26)
Goaltending: Tritt 17/23
Special teams: 0/4 PP, 3/3 PK
Goals For/Goals Against: 126 GF/151 GA (-25)
Power Play: 38/180 (21.11%)
Penalty Kill: 40/153 (73.86%)
Leading Scorers: JJ Pickell (33GP – 26G – 23A – 49PTS), Andrew Casellato (30GP – 14G – 24A – 38PTS), Ryan Hunter (28GP – 6G – 28A -34PTS)
- North Vancouver and Aldergrove are still looking for victories in 2023.
- Tonight is the first game that Trevor Baron will play against his former team. Baron was acquired for Dario Zitko. Baron still leads the Kodiaks in points with 23.
- Aldergrove has scored the second fewest goals in the PJHL (80)
- The Kodiaks have played two fewer games than the Wolf Pack and have allowed four more goals.
- Aldergrove was scheduled to host Port Moody on January 4, but that game was postponed due to a power outage.
- The Wolf Pack are currently auctioning off their blue road jerseys. Bids can be placed until January 10 through the online link on the team’s social media accounts and website.
- North Vancouver will host the Langley Trappers on January 28 for the team’s 15th anniversary alumni night.
The Wolf Pack and Kodiaks faceoff for the third time this evening. Aldergrove defeated North Vancouver 5-2 on September 30 as Jameson Flint scored twice and Mark Paton stopped 33/35 shots. North Vancouver pulled off a 3-2 come from behind overtime victory on November 2 in Aldergrove. After tonight, the season series closes in Aldergrove on February 8.