On this day of recognition the Wolf Pack would like to recognize and commemorate the communities, families, and individual survivors of these tragic events in Canadian history. The legacy of this day will be to honour the memory of all those children victimized by the residential school system and the impact on indigenous peoples. We encourage our fans to wear orange on Friday to show their respects.
The Wolf Pack set their sights on their first victory of the season against the Aldergrove Kodiaks. North Van (0-3-1-0) hosts Aldergrove (3-2-0-1) for the first time this season.
General Manager: Rick Harkins
Head Coach: Ron Johnson
Road Record: 1-1-0-1
Last Game: A 4-0 home victory against the Surrey knights on Wednesday night. Chiu (4,5), Larochelle (2), Hayre (2) all scored for the Kodiaks. Mark Paton stopped all 31 shots fired on him by the Knights.
Goals For/Goals Against: 20 GF/15 GA (+5)
Power Play: 1/17 (5.88%)
Penalty Kill: 2/11 (81.82%)
Leading Scorers: Trevor Baron (6GP–2G–8A–10PTS), Taylor Chiu (6GP– 5G–2A–7PTS), Noah Iacutone (6GP – 3G – 3A – 6PTS)
THE ‘BAR’ IS HIGH
Trevor Baron, the product of Coquitlam, BC is entering his third season in the PJHL and third with the Kodiaks. Baron began his playing career during the 2019-2020 regular season suiting up in three games. The left-handed forward had 2 goals and 3 assists for 5 points in 5 games during the extremely short 2020-2021 season. The 6’1, 182lbs forward had 23 goals and 23 assists for 46 points in 42 games last season. Baron is looking good in his current campaign and currently leads his team in points with 2 goals and 8 assists for 10 points in 6 games. The 2003 playmaker is looking to continue his impressive start against the Wolf Pack who have allowed 16 goals against, the most of any team in the PJHL.
NORTH VANCOUVER WOLF PACK
General Manager: Matt Samson
Head Coach: Mike Borrelli
Home Record: 0-1-1-0
Last Game: The Wolf Pack are coming off a 6-3 loss to the Abbotsford Pilots a week ago in a game where they put up in a game where the team had 43 shots on net. Carniel (2 PP, 3) and Leo Keith (1) scored for the Wolf Pack.
Goals For/Goals Against: 7 GF/23 GA (-16)
Power Play: 1/16 (6.25%)
Penalty Kill: 4/15 (73.33%)
Leading Scorers: Matthew Carniel (4GP-3G-0A-3PTS), JJ Pickell (4GP – 1G – 2A – 3PTS), Alex Binette(4GP – 1G – 2A – 3PTS)
Last week against the Abbotsford Pilots Leo Keith scored his first goal in the PJHL. The goal came at the 18:43 mark of the third period and was the third and final goal that the Wolf Pack would score in their 6-3 loss. Keith is from North Vancouver and is looking good in his young PJHL career. The right-handed forward is listed at 5’9 and 150lbs and is looking to build off an already impressive campaign.
- Luke Bradley and Matthew Carniel will wear A’s on their home uniforms. Ryan Hunter and JJ Pickell will serve as alternate captains when the Wolf Pack play on the road.
- 10 players on the Wolf Pack are back from last season
- Alex Binette (F) and Nik Jerris (G) are currently the only 20-year olds on the Wolf Pack.
- Ryan Hunter will not play tonight as a disciplinary action for his contact with an Ice Hawks player in Delta. The play resulted in a 5-minute major penalty and an ejection from the game on Tuesday, September 20. The incident took place in the first period.
- Croatian Sensation, Dario Zitko, is back in North Vancouver after committing to the Dauphin Kings of the MJHL during the pre-season. Zitko is not expected to play in the next upcoming games.
After the game tonight, these two teams will not face off against each other until November 2 in Aldergrove. The Wolf Pack will open the new year at home against the Kodiaks on January 7 before closing off the season series on February 8 on the road.