For the first time since January 1 the Wolf Pack will get set to take part in the PJHL’s Winter Classic from Minoru Arena in Richmond. The Wolf Pack began the Winter Classic on December 31 when they defeated the Outlaws 6-1 and tonight the wolves look to do the same.
MISSION CITY OUTLAWS
GM: Scott Farrell
HC: Brad Veitch
Record: 18-14-0-0 (32 games)
Home Record: 9-7-0-0
Road Record: 9-7-0-0
Last Game: A 6-3 road loss in Delta on Tuesday.
Goals: CANDY (4), PADGHAM (5 PP), MOFFAT (7)
Saves: DALE 47/53
Special Teams: 1/3 PP, 0/6 PK
Goals For/Goals Against: 123 GF/110 GA (+13)
Power Play: 26/131 (19.85%)
Penalty Kill: 22/135 (83.7%)
Leading Scorers: Chase Newman (31GP – 18G – 12A – 30PTS), Joshua Romeyn (30GP – 10G – 19A – 29PTS), Kyle Sackmann (29GP–9G–15A– 24PTS)
WHEN IN ‘ROME’
The 2022-23 marks the fourth season of Joshua Romeyn’s playing career. Romeyn suited up in one game with the Abbotsford Pilots during the 2018-19 regular season before moving to Mission. Romeyn has been part of the Outlaws since the 2019-2020 regular season. This season, Romeyn sits second on his team in points with 10 goals and 19 assists for 29 points in 30 games. Romeyn has failed to score in his past 11 games and has only managed 6 assists in that span. The left-shot forward and native of Chilliwack, BC, is a threat whenever he is on the ice.
NORTH VANCOUVER WOLF PACK
General Manager: Dean Samson
Head Coach: Mike Borrelli
Record: 15-16-1-1 (33 games)
Road Record: 8-8-0-1
Home Record: 7-8-1-0
Last Game: A 5-0 loss at home last night over Delta
Goals: BARON (8 PP), SWAMPY (4), CASELLATO (14 PP)
Saves: TRITT 28/32
Special Teams: 2/4 PP, 1/2 PK
Goals For/Goals Against: 120 GF/136 GA (-16)
Power Play: 34/162 (20.99%)
Penalty Kill: 38/138 (72.46%)
Leading Scorers: JJ Pickell (31GP – 25G – 21A – 46PTS), Andrew Casellato (27GP – 14G – 24A – 38PTS), Trevor Baron (32GP – 8G – 23A -31PTS)
Wolf Pack forward JJ Pickell has been suspended 2 games for receiving a major penalty for boarding plus an additional game for receiving a game misconduct in the final 10 minutes. This took place on Sunday, December 11 against Port Moody. Pickell is able to play after tonight.
North Vancouver Wolf Pack forward Alex Binette is suspended 2 games for receiving a major penalty for boarding on December 17 against Abbotsford. Binette has one game remaining on his suspension.
- Outlaws’ goaltender Brian Dale has three shutouts in his PJHL career. His most recent shutout came against the Wolf Pack on October 15 when Dale stopped 40 shots.
- Corson Penman scored the Teddy Bear Toss goal for North Vancouver on December 17. Penman began the season with the Dryden Ice Dogs in Ontario before returning to North Vancouver with his first game being played against Mission.
- Both these teams gave up a short-handed goal in their past game.
- North Vancouver last played in this arena on Thursday, December 8th. The Wolf Pack defeated the Sockeyes 4-3 in a shootout with Matthew Carniel securing the team’s two points.
- North Vancouver is wearing their blue uniforms tonight. The team is currently auctioning off these jerseys and a few others online at 32 Auctions. Visit the Wolf Pack website for more details.
- Andrew Casellato (F) represented the Wolf Pack at the first-ever BCHC Prospects game on November 22nd. Casellato served as an alternate captain for the game in Chilliwack. He is the only player from these two teams to represent the PJHL in that game.
This is the third meeting of the season between these two clubs and first at the PJHL Winter Classic. The Outlaws defeated the Wolf Pack 5-0 on October 15 as Kyle Sackmann scored twice and added two assists while Brian Dale earned the shutout. North Vancouver took the second and most recent contest with a 4-2 victory over Mission on December 3rd at Harry Jerome. After this game the season series concludes on February 5th in North Vancouver.