North Vancouver arrived at the rink on Saturday evening knowing that their season was on the line. The squad started with Anthony Reimer and Corson Penman getting early markers. North Vancouver took the game 4-2 and would go on to get two goals from Italian forward Andrew Casellato who is making the most of the battle of Italy.
Game 3 is set for Sunday night at the Burnaby Winter Club with puck drop set for 7:15 PM.
WOLF PACK FORCE GAME 3
NV – Anthony Reimer was awarded his first goal of the post-season by going hard to the front of the net and pouncing on a loose puck. The goal gave the wolves a 1-0 lead and Kaj Burgess had an apple at the 3:20 mark.
NV – Corson Penman (1) grabbed the puck from Ryan Hunter at Grandview’s blueline before racing in and darting one from the left side of the ice. The goal came at 5:21.
Shots: 24 – 13 North Vancouver
GRA – Alec Pettingale (1) cut Grandview’s deficit in half when Mason Brown stole the puck from a Wolf Pack defenceman and fed it to the Steelers captain. Vincent Timperio also factored in on the assist with 17:24 to go in the middle frame.
Shots: 19 – 19
GRA – Pavraj Bandesha (1) carried the puck through to the Wolf Pack net and shot the puck past the blocker of Charlie Tritt to tie the game at 2. Bandesha received the puck from Nathan Bran at 4:15.
NV – Andrew Casellato decided to take matters into his own hands once he got control of a loose puck behind the Steelers’ goal. Penman had passed the puck over to Swampy who fired the puck behind the net allowing Casellato to control and put the puck in the cage. That goal came with 8:51 left on the board.
NV – the final goal of the night sealed the second game of the battle of Italy with Italian forward Andrew Casellato getting a power play goal. The insurance marker came from Soares and Hunter as Casellato wired a shot in from the left side of Kermany. The final goal of the game came at the 18:08 mark.
Shots: 26 – 18 Grandview
Final Score: North Vancouver 4 – Grandview 3
Final Shots: 61 – 58 North Vancouver
Charlie Tritt: 56/58 saves for North Vancouver
Shayan Kermany: 57/61 saves for Grandview
North Vancouver Power Play: 1/1
Grandview Power Play: 0/5
Next Game: Tonight in Burnaby at 7:15 PM.
- Grandview has had 13 shots on goal at the end of both first periods of games 1 and 2.
- Grandview went 0/5 on the power play tonight and 0/2 in game 1. The Steelers are now 0/7 and are still searching for their first goal on the man advantage.
- Shayan Kermany has played both games in goal for Grandview while North Vancouver has switched between Zoltan Bencsik and Charlie Tritt
- Andrew Casellato leads players on both teams with four goals.
- Tonight marked the first time in the series that the Wolf Pack were able to win after allowing Grandview to tie up North Van’s two-goal lead.
- At least one goal has been scored in each period from the past two games.