It’s game day! Tonight at the Harry Jerome Rec Centre, the Wolf Pack look for their first regular season victory against the Richmond Sockeyes. North Vancouver has lost both meetings this season, with a 5-2 loss on September 9 and a 6-3 loss on September 21. Tonight’s game is set for 7:00, and tickets are still available!
Head Coach: Cullen Revel
Assistant Coaches: Spencer Beattie, Bob Delorme, Andrew Wolf
Road Record: 6-0-0-1
Last Game: A 4-0 home loss against Delta on Thursday.
Goals For/Goals Against: 72 GF/33 GA (+39)
Power Play: 17/70 (24.29%)
Penalty Kill: 8/62 (87.1%)
Leading Scorers: Teo Lin (14GP – 8G – 13A – 21PTS), Nicholas Noren (14GP – 14G – 3A – 17PTS), Justin Grant (14GP – 7G – 10A – 17PTS)
- The Sockeyes faced their first season loss in a 4-0 decision against Delta this week.
- Richmond is 10-5-0-1 against North Van in the past five years.
- The Sockeyes were 2-1-0-1 last season over the Wolf Pack and are currently 2-0.
- The Sockeyes power play has clicked 10% more on the road (10/34) than at home (7/36). The power play is tied with Delta for second in the league (24.3%).
NORTH VANCOUVER WOLF PACK
General Manager: Matt Samson
Head Coach: Mike Borrelli
Assistant Coaches: Matt Samson, Elias Godoy, Nathan Haaksma
Leadership Group: JJ Pickell (C), Ryan Hunter (A), Corson Penman (A), Matthew Carniel (A), Trevor Baron (A)
Home Record: 5-1-0-0
Last Game: An 8-0 road win in Aldergrove on Wednesday.
Goals For/Goals Against: 53 GF/41 GA (+12)
Power Play: 13/61 (21.31%)
Penalty Kill: 10/60 (83.3%)
Leading Scorers: JJ Pickell (12GP – 14G – 10A – 24PTS), Rylan Oatman (11GP – 9G – 15A – 24PTS), Matthew Carniel (12GP – 7G – 8A – 15PTS)
JJ IS A STAR
JJ Pickell has put points on the board in eight consecutive games. The left-shot forward from Calgary, AB, had a four-goal outing on Friday in Port Coquitlam and factored in on two goals and two assists on Wednesday against Aldergrove. The captain is producing two points a game after playing his 100th PJHL regular season game on Wednesday night. Pickell has 14 goals and 10 assists for 24 points in 12 games. He sits first in team scoring and second in the PJHL. Pickell is the third player named PJHL star of the week from the Wolf Pack, joining Matthew Carniel and Rylan Oatman.
- The Wolf Pack have only given up one goal in their four wins this month.
- North Vancouver has won their past five games at home.
- JJ Pickell (24), and Rylan Oatman (24) are second and third in PJHL scoring.
- Ryan Hunter and Matthew Carniel serve as alternate captains when the team plays at home, while Corson Penman and Trevor Baron are alternate captains on the road. These are also all the over-aged players on the squad.
NV: hosts Port Moody tomorrow afternoon.
RICH: hosts Port Moody on Thursday.